In this article, we are going to cover acne treatment Malaysia and where you can get the best facial treatment in KL. When you have acne, be it on your face or some parts of your body, you might feel as though you’re always searching for that one cure. So you try a variety of skincare products and go for regular facials in hopes of restoring your skin condition (before all that breakout).
However, a good skincare routine and regular facials are not the only ways for you to achieve clear, smooth skin. Because they can only calm your skin condition and minimize acne breakouts.
Instead of relying solely on your skincare routine and facials, there are acne treatments that you can try in Malaysia (acne treatment Malaysia). The efficacy of these acne treatments depends on the type of acne you have.
What are the types of acne?
There are various forms of acne, each with a distinct appearance and symptoms. Consequently, each type of acne lesion requires a different treatment to reduce the risk of skin complications such as dark spots and scarring.
Acne generally falls into two categories – non-inflammatory and inflammatory – depending on whether or not the acne causes inflammation of the surrounding skin.
There are two types of non-inflammatory acne – whiteheads and blackheads. These blemishes are the least severe forms of acne and rarely cause the skin to swell.
- Whiteheads (closed comedones) are small, whitish or flesh-coloured spots or bumps with a white, circular centre surrounded by a red halo. Sometimes, hair will emerge from the centre of the whitehead. They typically don’t cause scarring.
- Blackheads (open comedones) are small, black or dark-coloured spots that may appear as slightly raised bumps. The colouration occurs when the pores are open and the contents of a whitehead are exposed to air.
Compared to non-inflammatory acne, inflammatory acne is more severe and likely to cause scarring and pitting. They include papules, pustules, nodules, and cysts.
- Papules are bumps under the skin’s surface with a solid, tender, pink and raised appearance. Papules develop when whiteheads or blackheads irritate the skin to the point of damaging the surrounding skin. This leads to inflammation.
- Pustules (pimples) are larger, tender bumps with a defined circular centre filled with whitish or yellowish pus. They’re simply a larger and more inflamed version of whiteheads.
- Nodules are hard, painful, inflamed lumps located deep within the skin. They develop when clogged pores damage the tissues and cells deep underneath the skin’s surface. Nodules can cause dark spots and scarring.
- Cysts are large, soft, painful, red or white lumps situated deep in the skin. Filled with pus, cysts form deeper within the skin than nodules and can cause scarring.
How can you treat your facial acne?
The treatment option for the above types of acne can vary from person to person. If topical or oral medication isn’t working for you, consider the following acne treatments (acne treatment Malaysia) which can be provided at your dermatologist’s office.
Laser therapy is one of the techniques used to reduce redness, skin discolouration and scarring on the skin’s surface due to acne. This treatment is usually administered using handheld devices that emit different coloured lights that are meant for dermatological treatment.
Before the procedure, your dermatologist may apply a medication to your skin to enhance its light sensitivity and minimize discomfort during the procedure. In some cases, you may require several treatment sessions for the best results. Note that the possible side effects of this facial treatment include redness, peeling, light sensitivity and pain.
Steroid injections are often the quickest way to eliminate large, painful acne that is deeply rooted in the skin such as nodules and cysts. Dermatologists would usually inject a steroid solution into the acne, targeting the sources of a clogged pore.
After the injections, the skin may clear up within days. While it’s highly effective in treating inflammatory acne, steroid injections can cause the skin to become thinner and lighten the skin tone. This makes it less suitable to treat widespread acne due to the side effects and the need for frequent doctor visits.
Chemical peels, which are typically made from strong acids, work to clear blackheads, whiteheads, and papules by exfoliating or removing the top layer of your skin to stimulate the growth of new skin cells.
During this facial treatment, your dermatologist will apply a layer of chemical solution over your skin. This will help to unclog your pores and remove dead skin cells. For the best results, you will likely need multiple treatments. Note that the side effects of this treatment include redness, scabbing, light sensitivity and changes in skin colour.
As the name suggests, this facial treatment involves extracting or popping your acne. While you may be tempted to extract your acne, it’s best to leave the extraction to your skin specialist because they’re more experienced at doing this.
During the extraction, your dermatologist will use sterilized tools to extract your acne while protecting your face from scarring. Your dermatologist will then assess additional treatment options (acne treatment Malaysia) to help reduce acne breakout.
Looking to treat your acne? Choose a safe and licensed skin specialist at LiV Clinic
When it comes to getting proper acne treatment for your skin, it’s best to look for skin specialists, such as the ones you can find at LiV Clinic (acne treatment Malaysia specialist) to examine the root cause of your acne and determine the right treatment for your skin condition.
Our dermatologists will take the time to listen to your requests and requirements as well as analyze the suitability of our treatments (acne treatment Malaysia) before recommending them to you. Book an appointment now at https://www.livskinspecialist.my/